18.9.08

My Thailand Holiday


the Palace





###



Floating market of Chao Phraya river

###


Kanchanaburi War Cemetery (Don Rak) , from WWII

###



You can also take a walk to cross the bridge on foot, too.



Bridge over River Kwai

Perhaps the best known attraction of Kanchanaburi, featured in world’s famous book and film, The Bridge on the River Kwai is part of the infamous Death Railway, spanning over Kwai Yai River, built by the prisoners of the World War II under the supervision of Japanese Imperialism Army. The 415-kilometer railway was built to connect Thailand and Myanmar to secure supplies to the Japanese army during their Greater East-Asian War. It is called the Death Railway as it involved the death of too many people during the construction period, between September 16, 1942 and on 25 December 1943 when it completed. It is estimated that more than 16,000 war prisoners (POWs) from England, Australia, Holland and America, together with some 90,000 labors from Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and Indonesia, died during the construction through experience a series bombing raids and cruelness of the Imperial Japanese Army.

###

Tuk Tuk ride


temple

this offerings reminds me of Bali...

Lunch on the boat while touring Khancanaburi




Mom and I enjoyed it verrrrry much!



grey T shirt by Billabong|black top by Pull in|bag by Elizabeth|sunglasses by Roxy

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...