2.7.11

The Forbidden City








The Forbidden City was the Chinese imperial palace from the Ming dynasty to the end of the Qing dynasty. It is located in the middle of Beijing, China, and now houses the Palace Museum. For almost 500 years, it served as the home of Emperors and their households, as well as the ceremonial and political center of Chinese government.

Built in 1406 to 1420, the complex consists of 980 buildings and covers 720,000 meter square. The palace complex exemplifies traditional Chinese Palatial architecture and has influenced cultural and architectural developments in East Asia and elsewhere. The area is huge that we (my husband and I) split the visit into 2 days, this is from day one.

Forbidden City is under the charge of the Palace Museum, displaying extensive collection of artwork and artifacts were built upon the imperial collections of the Ming and Qing dynasties. Part of the museum's former collection is now located in the National Palace Museum in Taipei.

As its hot (40C) and foggy, we opted light clothing and carries face mask.

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...