10.12.11

Charmed


Pura Ulun Danu Beratan, or Pura Bratan, is a major Shiva water temple on Bali. The temple complex is located on the shores of Lake Bratan in the mountains near Bedugul highland. Water temples serve the entire region in the outflow area; downstream there are many smaller water temples that are specific to each irrigation association (Subak).

Built in 1633, this temple is used for offerings ceremony to the Balinese water, lake and river goddess Dewi Danu, due to the importance of Lake Bratan as a main source of irrigation in central Bali. The 11-storey Pelinggih meru in the complex is dedicated to Shiva and his consort Parvathi. Buddha's statue is also enshrined in this temple.

Lake Bratan is known as the Lake of Holy Mountain due to the fertility of this area. Located 1200 m above sea level, it has a cold tropical climate.








I am quiet charmed! thank you all for stopping by and read the bits...
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...