14.8.16

Yogyakarta day two

Here I am back in Jogjakarta again, I must say I kind of have a soft spot for Jogja, day two is to visit Prambanan temple. Do read about the temple story in my old post here. Enjoy the pictures after the jump!


























###

Ride to the Candi Sewu (a thousand temples). 

Candi Sewu (one thousand temples) or Manjusrighra is a Buddhist temple complex that were built in 8th century. Located 800 meters away from Prambanan temple, it is the second biggest Buddhist temple after Borobudur.
Candi Sewu are older than Borobudur or Prambanan temple, although the total of the temple is only 249 temples; the villagers that lived within the area called it -a thousand temples-  as it is in relation to the legendary story of Lara Jonggrang.
It is the script of Kelurak that was written in the year 782 and script Manjusrigrha from year 792 that this ”Prasada Vajrasana Manjusrigrha” temple (its original name) was mentioned. The temples were discovered in 1960.

Prasada = shrine
Vajrajasana = where the diamond/thunderbolt reigns
Manjusri-grha = house of Manjusri

Manjusri is one of bodhisattvas in Buddhiest teaching, the Candi Sewu was built at the end of Rakai Panangkaran  (746–784), one of the most famous Mataram king.

**Unfortunately, as you can see from this first photo, Candi Sewu was ruined during 2006 massive earthquake :( and now still in progress of being renovated...








thank you all for stopping by and viewing the post...
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...